cmucl (fwd)

Forwarded message:
> Date: Tue, 17 Mar 92 22:39:45 -0500
> From: Peter J Angeline <pja@cis.ohio-state.edu>
> To: welch@cis.ohio-state.edu
> Subject: cmucl
>

> trivial loop clauses work fine.  The following didn't work:
>
> (loop until ans for i from 0 to 10 do (print i))
>
> It kept saying that FOR was a bad loop keyword.  This worked in franz.  I am
> currently trying the version.  I just tried it and it looks like it
> worked.  I'll check it out further and let you know...

[Background: Pete's code works fine in Allegro 4.1b, but doesn't in
CMUCL16b, in particular Loop.]

It turns out that Allegro's using a new implementation of Loop, done
by Glenn Burke at Palladian, derived from MIT Loop 829, to conform to
Ansi Loop. It might be worth it to get it from him, rather than
reworking Loop to conform? Franz distributes the sources with Allegro, which
might imply that it's CopyLefted or some such, though the header
doesn't explicitly say so (it does say it's copyrighted Symbolics,
though).

...arun