Distilled wisdom about setting displays and fonts for SUN OS

Here are a set of recent messages that have dealt with the
difficulty in getting a DISPLAY to talk to the server.  Since
fonts are occasionally the next difficulty that can come up, these
are also ammended.

I probably should follow up on Jake's suggestion, or equivalently