To: cmucl-bugs@CS.CMU.EDU
Subject: 16c beta release
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 92 17:26:48 -0400
From: Rob_MacLachlan@LISP-PMAX1.SLISP.CS.CMU.EDU

This message announces the limited beta release of CMU Common Lisp 16c for
SPARCstation or Sun4 machines running SunOS.

	    Release notes for CMU Common Lisp 16c, 23 April 92

16c is our first version 16 release, and incorporates many changes not
present in the 15 series.  It is currently fairly close to our current
internal development (alpha) systems, and is thus less stable.  The major
changes are:
    New Aliens
    New pathnames
    New pretty printer
    New format
    R5.0 CLX.
    5/1/90  May Day PCL (REV 4b)

The documentation for the new Alien foreign data structure/function call
facility is in doc/alien.dvi.  Note that cmu-user.ps still contains the old
Alien documentation.  See doc/release-notes.txt for the full release notes
(also in /afs/cs/project/clisp/general-info/pre-beta-release-notes.txt.)

The rest of this message is derived from the cmucl(1) man page and the README
file.

  Robert A. MacLachlan (ram@cs.cmu.edu)
(truncated message)