X3T2 activities

The latest SIGPLAN Notices contains announcements of new projects
in X3T2 (the committee on Data Interchange) that we may want to have
liaisons with.  The first is referred to as LCCAPS - Language Compatible
Complex Arithmetic and Procedure Standard.  The second is LCMPS -
Language Compatible Mathematical Procedure Standard.  The descriptions
in the news releases say that they are standardizing the specifications
for mathematical operations in standard languages.

If anyone is interested in being our liaison, they might want to
contact the chairman of X3T2, Richard Foote of GTE Government Systems,
(508) 870-4520.

The announcement says that the date of the "next" meeting of X3T2 is
Jan 22-25, 1991.  That's the problem with lead times in journals....

						barmar