Re: Request for screen saver program

    Date: 28 Mar 86 10:49:32 EST (Fri)
    From: James J Dempsey <jjd@BBNCC5.ARPA>

    Perhaps I should have been more explicit.  What I am looking for is a
    process which will watch the keyboard and when there has been no
    activity for a period of time it will blank the entire screen (make it
    black) including the mouse line documentation window and the who-line
    screen in order to keep screen phosphor from burning out.

    When someone touches the keyboard, the screen is returned to its
    previous configuration.

    Usually such programs put some icon on the screen and keep it moving
    around to let anyone know that the machine is up and running, but idle.

		    --Jim Dempsey--
		    BBN Communications
		    jjd@BBN-UNIX.ARPA

I wrote one which has been used for about a year without any problems at
MIT, MCC, and Palladian (that I know of).  Rich Cohen has a copy you can
presumably FTP or whatever.