[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Request for screen saver program
- To: Mabry Tyson <TYSON%sri-ai.arpa@CSNET-RELAY>
- Subject: Re: Request for screen saver program
- From: James J Dempsey <jjd%bbncc5.arpa@CSNET-RELAY>
- Date: 28 Mar 86 10:49:32 EST (Fri)
- Cc: jjd%bbncc5.arpa@CSNET-RELAY, slug%r20.utexas.edu@CSNET-RELAY
- In-reply-to: Your message of Thu, 27 Mar 86 21:15 PST. <860327211526.2.TYSON@SRI-BISHOP.ARPA>
Perhaps I should have been more explicit. What I am looking for is a
process which will watch the keyboard and when there has been no
activity for a period of time it will blank the entire screen (make it
black) including the mouse line documentation window and the who-line
screen in order to keep screen phosphor from burning out.
When someone touches the keyboard, the screen is returned to its
Usually such programs put some icon on the screen and keep it moving
around to let anyone know that the machine is up and running, but idle.