Derogatory language

    Date: Wed, 11 Feb 87 09:43 EST
    From: Robert Scheifler <RWS at ZERMATT.LCS.MIT.EDU>

        I beat on a contact at SCRC to beat on someone, and one of
        their hackers logs in over the net for a while.  An hour or
        two later, he hasn't gotten any farther, and has to go off to
        a meeting.

    Since at least one person misinterpreted this, let me clarify.  I
    did not use the term "hacker", or intend the statement in general,
    to imply anything derogatory about SCRC...

The only derogatory interpretation of this that I can imagine is that
SCRC has no hackers left.  Or is there another meaning of the word
hacker that I don't know?