[RWS@ZERMATT.LCS.MIT.EDU: re: X windows for symbolics]

Many people expressed interest in anything I found, so with Robert's
permission I am posting his response to me:

%%%%Forwarded Message%%%%
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 87 11:16 EST
From: Robert Scheifler <RWS@ZERMATT.LCS.MIT.EDU>
Subject: re: X windows for symbolics
To: miller@cs.rochester.edu

I have a fairly crufty V10 server for both 6.1 and 7.0, and
a mostly working remote screen for 7.0.  The 7.0 server has
various bugs fixed that I haven't bothered to fix in the 6.1
server.  Remote screens have essentially no chance of working
in 6.1.  The server is crufty because it uses lispm windows
for X windows, and the semantics hardly matches.  As a result,
there are numerous X applications that cannot be displayed
on a 3600.  I have no desire to fix things, because I am working
on a full, true lispm server implementation of V11.

You are welcome to the V10 code as is.  It can be obtained via
anonymous ftp to milo.lcs.mit.edu, in the directories /X-6.1/
and /X-7.0/.
%%%%End Forwarded Message%%%%
------
miller@cs.rochester.edu