Re: misc. annoyances

Entering the editor recursively is only half the problem: the really
desired state is to support multiple editor processes (e.g. <select>
c-E gives you a new process rather than just a new window); now you
have the problem of communication of bindings in the process stack. I
suspect they haven't done this because they would have to rewrite a
lot of stuff to associate things more with the buffers? (so nothing
important is on the stack).

There is nothing more annoying that creating a new editor and finding
you can't use it because you are in the middle of an incremental
search in the other one. I created the new thing so I could *save my
state* in the first one!

Anyway, I can't think of a single more important improvement to the
user interface...

Brad Miller