SLUG library status report.

   I would like to get another SLUG tape ready for distribution by the end
   of October.   I was hoping to have much more to put on it but so far
   only four people have submitted software.   If I get more submissions in
   the next couple of weeks I'll try to get them on the tape.

   If you need library submission or request forms please contact me via
   E-mail for the quickest response.

I'd like to submit to SLUG a Symbolics compatibility package for Lucid Lisp
and Gnu Emacs on Suns (and Vaxen).  I could use a couple test sites that
are willing to verify that the code works at sites other than Thinking
Machines.  Any volunteers?

Here is a partial description of the package.  Of course, this stuff won't
transform your Sun into a 3600, but it will make it much more bearable.

1) Sun 3 keyboard hacking under X (version 10).  Remaps the keys to be the
same as a lisp machine keyboard.  Also causes all combinations of bucky
bits (shift, control, and meta) and any other key to generate a unique
Ascii sequence.  Although this stuff is not necessary for the remainder of
the package, it allows the binding of standard Zmacs chord keys.  It is
also psychologically important!

2) Gmacs and Lucid Lisp code to do certain standard Zmacs commands.  We are
assuming that users are running Lucid Lisp as a subshell of Gmacs (meta-x
run-lisp or run-remote-lisp).  Some of the commands we've implemented are
control-shift-a, c, e, and m.  Meta-point and Edit Callers also work.
There are a number of other enhancements, see the file gmacs/README.

3) Lucid Lisp enhancements.  Includes an almost Symbolics compatible error
system complete with proceed options, macros for easily creating proceed
cases (works on Lisp machines as well), initialization lists, the LOOP
macro, and finally startup banner manipulation.

	-Cliff