Overpushing the buffer while booting...

    Date: Sat, 21 Nov 87 17:25 PST
    From: Steve Trever <trev@VERMITHRAX.SCH.Symbolics.COM>

	Date: Sat, 21 Nov 87 19:05:01 EST
	From: John T. Nelson <jtn@potomac>
	Every other boot on our Symbolics 3670 generates either an "Overpushed
	buffer", or "FEP memory full" error and prevents us from booting our
	machine.  I suspect that either the "Find IDS Files" command or the
	flods we scan are causing FEP memory to fill up.  I've tried "Clear
	Command Tree" which clears the flod information out, but this doesn't
	help.  I've found that the only way to boot the machine after receiving
	this error is to do a reset FEP which is not a satisfactory solution
	since this spins the disks down and back up again.

Why are you using Find IDS Files?  It shouldn't ordinarily be
necessary to give this command.  Have you tried taking out
this command from your boot file, and resetting the FEP, and
seeing how things work?