Re: Program Naming with dw:define-program-framework

    Date: Sat, 12 Dec 87 17:00 EST
    From: Charles Lamb <Lamb@SAPSUCKER.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>

        Date: Wed, 9 Dec 87 13:04:09 est
        From: Mike Kelsen <kelsen@ge-dab.ge.com>

    	 My problem is the "pretty-name" is also used to build the command
        prompt in my :listener pane and is entirely too long to allow some
        commands to appear on the same line.  I would like to see the
        program-flavor name appear in the command prompt instead but still keep
        the "pretty-name" in the <select> <help> window.

    You can use a :top-level keyword in your define-program-framework to
    define a top level function.

    Then either defun or defmethod the top level function.  In it, call
    dw:default-command-top-level with a :prompt option.  For example,

    (defmethod (foo-top foo-program) ()
      (dw:default-command-top-level self :prompt "something"))

    This is explained a little more on page 97 of book 7a.

    Hope this helps.

I've found it easier to just set the title I want as the title pane's
:redisplay-string property.

-------