a couple of other ways too.  Thanks to anybody who helps.

Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1987, 01:05-PST
From: Postmaster@master.inference.dialnet.symbolics.com
Mmdf-Warning:  Parse error in original version of preceding line at BBN.COM
Subject: Unable to deliver letter
To: @SCRC-RIVERSIDE.ARPA, @SCRC-RIVERSIDE.ARPA:barr@PINEAPPLE.BBN.COM
Mmdf-Warning:  Parse error in original version of preceding line at BBN.COM

Unable to deliver letter to the following recipient:
  Jerry@EDISON.inference.dialnet.symbolics.com: Mail error from EDISON: -The recipient "Jerry@EDISON.inference.dialnet.symbolics.com" does not have a directory on this host.