How can I rename files in LMFS just to change the alphabetic case?

There seems to be some very annoying behavior in LMFS regarding alphabetic
case in files names.

1) I can have a directory, such as Z:>Qobi> which has subdirectories
Z:>QOBI>memos>, Z:>qobi>prolog-alr, and Z:>Qobi>remote. Why does this
happen. It is *VERY ANNOYING*.

2) If I try to rename a directory (or any file for that matter) to change
its alphabetic case, such as Z:>Qobi>remote> ---> Z:>Qobi>Remote> I can't
because the system complains that the filename already exists. This is
even *MORE ANNOYING*.

3) If I try to be smart and first rename Z:>Qobi>remote> to Z:>Qobi>foo>
and then to Z:>Qobi>Remote> the system tries very hard to outsmart me
and automatically changes "Remote" to "remote". It seems that pathnames
are interned someplace (though I don't know where: on my local machine,
on the LMFS file server, on both? How many machines do I have to reboot
to purge this cache? Do I have to expunge the directory/file system as
well as reboot the machine?). This is *MOST ANNOYING*.

4) The same thing happens with FEP files systems.

Now I admit that this is purely an aesthetic issue and doesn't actually
hinder any work, but I would appreciate it if someone could fix this
bug eventually.
        Jeff