String Blinkers & Dynamic Windows

I have been trying to use string blinkers in a dynamic window -
(dw:with-output-as-presentation (:type 'string :object "string blinker"
   :stream <stream> :single-box t)
  (setf *blinker* (tv:make-blinker <stream> 'tv:string-blinker
         <args>))
where <stream> is a dynamic window. The blinker is created, but
does not scroll with the dynamic window and is not mouse
sensitive. Is there something I missed or is this a capability
that does not exist yet?  Anyone else fooled with this stuff?

- thanks - will    taylor%plu@io.arc.nasa.gov