Help with scrolling in dynamic windows

In our system we have potentially long lists (several hundred to fifteen
hundred items) that need to be displayed each on a separate line in the
display.  We want the user to be able to scroll thru the items, but when
we write the items out, it takes roughly 70 seconds to display them all
in the dynamic window.  What we WANT to do is to write out only enough
items to fill up the window, and then when the user clicks the mouse to
scroll, write out the new appropriate items to the dynamic window.  We
want to use dynamic windows instead of the other window types to make
use of the easy mouse sensitivity in dynamic windows.

Has anyone solved this problem?

Greg Saul
saul%psyche@boeing.com