Re: Print Spooler woes

Just so this conversation doesn't get too one-sided: I use the print
spooler with an Apple LaserWriter here at Symbolics every day and it
works just fine.  The last few problems that I experienced were fixed by
repairing the LaserWriter itself.

I don't know anything at all about the print spooler software, and I'm
sorry to hear that it's not working well for some people.  The software
I'm running corresponds to Genera 7.2, and it's possible that the
problems you're encountering are problems that will be fixed when you
receive 7.2.  I do know that the person who works on this software has
put a lot of work into it over the past months, and a lot of things were
fixed or improved; of course, I don't know exactly what problems you're
having so I can't comment on that.  I also remember seeing SLUG mail
having to do with different versions of the ROM in the printer, although
I don't know the details.  I just didn't want everybody on the mailing
list to think that there's no hope of ever getting the print spooler to
work.