Re: T = NIL

In 7.1 (but not 7.2) It's easy to set T to be, say, NIL but I don't
know how you accidentally did it (although I have seen it done
before).  Just try
		(SET (QUOTE T) NIL)
and undo it with
		(SET (QUOTE T) (QUOTE T))

I don't believe it will affect compiled code as most places you use T
get changed into (QUOTE T).

This means that you sometimes can get away with T being a lambda variable
although that is not something I would recommend.  (That's the case I've
seen before where someone had T bound to something other than itself but
you can get it with a lost Q where you have (SET FOO NIL) when FOO is bound
to T.)
-------