T = NIL

   Check this out from a LISP Listener:

        Command: t
        NIL

     A user encountered this problem and does not know what caused it.  Somehow
T started evaluating to NIL after an error concerning an illegal array
reference was encountered in his program.

     I evaluated T in several different packages, in new LISP Listeners, and
after a warm boot and still the same answer, NIL.  I was unable to bind T
to any non nil value using any of the SET? functions and was forced to cold
boot the machine to fix the problem.

     Questions:

        1) What could have caused this to happen?
        2) How can I fix the problem once it occurs (short of cold booting)?

   Michael S. Kelsen
   GE Simulation & Control Systems   ARPA: <kelsen@ge-dab.GE.COM>
   PO Box 2500, Room 4351            UUCP: ...!mcnc!codas!ge-dab!kelsen
   Daytona Beach, FL  32015         Phone: (904) 239-4910