init file similar to Barmar's to negate that "feature".

Date: Fri, 27 May 88 23:18:13 PDT
From: gyro@kestrel.ARPA (Scott W. Layson)
   Date: Fri, 27 May 88 19:21 EDT
   From: barmar@Think.COM (Barry Margolin)
   Character-Type-Mappings: (1 0 (NIL 0) (NIL :BOLD NIL) "CPTFONTCB")
   Fonts: CPTFONT, CPTFONTCB

       Date: Fri, 27 May 88 18:54 EDT
       From: Scott McKay <SWM@sapsucker.scrc.symbolics.com>

       All you, and probably Barmar too, are arguing for is having IN-PACKAGE
       behave like PKG-GOTO.  I see nothing wrong with that.

   That would be fine with us.

Motion seconded!  (Thirded?)

While having IN-PACKAGE behave like PKG-GOTO is a step in the right
direction, it does not help when debugging a program that runs in
another package (and bind *PACKAGE* at its top level).  Everytime you
enter the debugger you get CL-USER or whatever.  What is really needed
is to make it easier to circumvent the "feature" described above, i.e.
without modifying and/or advising functions.

Art