hardcopy info

    Date: Tue, 05 Jul 88 13:58:57 EST
    From: bouma@purdue.edu

    I would like any info on re-directing hardcopy to a file. Best would be if we
    could, instead of writing an .rdata file in the spool directory, just have the
    postscripted text go into a file of our choosing. Adequate would have the
    .rdata file get written, but just not have it sent to the printer. Thanks,

    Bill <bouma@medusa.cs.purdue.edu>  ||  ...!purdue!bouma
The hardcopy system's internals support a "file" hardcopy device; you can get one of these
by (hci::get-hardcopy-device '(:file <pathname> :lgp2)).  However, there is no user-interface
to these, since they were only intended for debugging.  Some operations are known to work
if you make one of these your default hardcopy device, other operations are untried or known
not to work.