7.2 terminal woes

     My terminal window worked satisfactorily before I upgraded to 7.2. My
main gripe with it then was that it was too slow. Well, now it must go less
than 1200 baud! Since vt52 is the only terminal emulation I could make
work, the scroll bar doesn't work anyway so why have it in there slowing
things down? What good is it if the thing would work anyway. I figure most
people are using the terminal onto Unix machines. If you are used to working
on Unix, it is just plain weird to have the luxury of looking through your
output history! Another thing I don't like is that I can no longer see the
cursor move when I do a repeated move, (eg. repeat-l in VI, or repeat-cntrl-n
in emacs).
     Does anyone have a terminal type working that works with the scroll bar?
If so, is it proving to be worth the sacrifice in speed? Also, how did you get
it to work, was it just termcaps on the Unix side, or was there stuff messed
up on the Symbolics side? If Symbolics isn't going to devote the time to make
this stuff work right, why bother to put in scroll bar and crank the speed
down by a factor of 3?

Bill <bouma@medusa.cs.purdue.edu>  ||  ...!purdue!bouma