[no subject]

Date: Wed, 24 Aug 88 19:50 EDT
From: Peter Clitherow <pc@ctt.bellcore.com>
Subject: Network Namespace query
To: slug@ai.sri.com
Character-Type-Mappings: (1 0 (NIL 0) (:FIX :BOLD :NORMAL) "CPTFONTCB")
Fonts: CPTFONT, CPTFONTCB

This may be dumb, but what is this message telling me?  I've got this
kind of message several times over the last year, but
each time i've never really resolved why it happened.  It just sort
of "went" away...usually after i reset the network.

1Error: MEMPHIS does not support BIB service through any locally supported protocol.
0       1It supports only BIB via TCP.
0       1The local host supports only BIB via TCP.
0       1No path could be found for BIB via TCP.

NET:FIND-PATHS-TO-SERVICE-ON-HOST
0   Arg 0 (NETI:SERVICE): :BIB
   Arg 1 (NET:HOST): #<FS:LISPM-HOST MEMPHIS 12201360>
   Arg 2 (NETI:ONLY-NEED-BEST): NIL
   Arg 3 (NETI:MUST-HAVE-ONE): T
s-A, :    Retry invoking BIB on MEMPHIS.
s-B, :    Editor Top Level
s-C:           Restart process Zmacs Windows

The BIB protocol is a locally developed thing that writes/reads on a
TCP byte-stream.