MacIvory pricing

    Date: Thu, 1 Sep 88 11:00:24 EDT
    From: sterling@cims.nyu.edu (John Sterling)

    ....  We were told by our salesman that the
    "full" MacIvory setup lists about $31k.  A minor discount for academia
    still puts it well above a figure of about $15k (academic) for a full
    MicroExplorer (which lists as you noted for $25k).  I'm just hoping
    our salesman is confused.

What's "full" versus "full" mean?  A "full" MacIvory or MicroExplorer
might list at considerably more than any of these figures if you include
a hi-res color graphics card, a color monitor, a couple of Nubus memory
cards, etc.

I was told at AAAI that the list price is $10,900 for the MacIvory board
pair by itself.