Re: MacIvory, etc

My understanding is that the MacIvories at AAAI had their clock turned slower
than they will be shipped at.  I do know a rough benchmark that the two
machines were within 10% on the one program that we ran on both at AAAI.

But speed is not the only parameter!  For us, it is the speed (and
possibility) at which research ideas can be implemented and tested.
That includes interface, compatability, address space, bug-free-ness, etc.
For other people, the price of a delivery vehicle may be the determining factor
(it is a factor for us too -- if Ivories were cheaper than what is being
quoted, then we might consider getting them as home machines.).