Ivory board for VME bus

    Date: Fri, 07 Oct 88 13:10:52 N
    From: unido!sbsvax!ks%fb10vax.sbsvax@Warbucks.AI.SRI.COM

    Yesterday I attended a presentation of MacIvory given by German
    Customer Service. Someone asked if there would be Ivory boards for
    other computer systems than the MAC and one of the salespersons
    answered that Symbolics is developing a VME-Bus version of Ivory
    which would be available in late December or so.
    What I want to know now is, has anybody heard of such a thing? If so,
    can someone give me more information on this topic? (What are the
    intended target machines? How well will the LISP-System be integrated
    with the operating system of the target machine? etc. etc.)

The XL-400 is a high-end Symbolics-label Ivory system based on the
VME-Bus, and it will be available for beta test in December.  Volume
shipments are scheduled for March.  Performance is approximately 2x that
of a 3650.  It is not embedded in any other host, but you can attach
most standard VME peripherals to it.

The XL-400 and MacIvory are the only Ivory products announced at this time.