Mac MacPaint to Symbolics MacPaint

    Date: Tue, 1 Nov 88 18:42 EST
    From: Qobi@ZERMATT.LCS.MIT.EDU@yktvmh.watson.ibm.com (Jeffrey Mark Siskind)

    I guess that I left out a crucial point. Snapping an endpoint of a line
    to an object can snap it to anywhere on the object. I particularly want
    to snap it to the point where if the line were continued it would reach
    a particular point inside the object, say the center of a circle. I don't
    think that this can be done in Illustrate.

Actually, it can.  Try using the following trick.  First, draw a
temporary line that ends in the center of the circle and starts at the
appropriate point.  Next, draw a second line that follows the first,
clicking MIDDLE once you're near the circle.  Finally, delete the first
line you drew.

There are several similar methods for "guiding" your drawings.

Scott