DNA & KEE version problems

    Date: Wed, 23 Nov 88 15:22 O
    From: SAARENMA%FINFUN.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU

    Hello,

    we have a Symbolics 3620 connected with DNA to a VAX-cluster.
    Symbolics still has Genera 7.0.   The VAXes were updated from
    VMS 4.4 to 5.0 and Symbolics DNA does not work anymore.  Does
    anybody know, which is the problem and/or will there be a
    update in Symbolics-DNA.  Our Symbolics representative has
    no information or solutions for this.
    I have Genera 7.2 on tapes but I cannot install it yet, because
    KEE 3.1 does not work under it.  That will be fixed real soon
    now, I was told. Anyway, now my entire system is more or less down.

    Hannu Saarenmaa, The Finnish Forest Research Institute
    SAARENMAA@FINFUN.BITNET

We are working on the patches for DNA to run with VMS 5.0.  However,
these patches will only work on the version of DNA that runs in Genera 7.2.
You must upgrade your Symbolics machines to 7.2.  7.2 is also much more
reliable than 7.0 or 7.1.

We hope to be able to ship the DNA ECO's sometime after the first of the
year.  The sales reps will be able to give you more information in the
next few weeks.  (The developer just made some patches yesterday.)  I
was under the impression that Kee for Genera 7.2 will be shipping by the
end of the year.  I don't know what you do on your vaxes, but maybe you
could go back to 4.4 until January.