DNA

    Date: Mon, 28 Nov  14:45:07 1988
    From: whuts!milich@att.att.com

    Does anyone know of an alternative to DNA between Symbolics Genera 7.2
    and VAX VMS 4.4? We would like to use the VAX as a file server that is
    capable of handling the Load/Compile system feature of Symbolics.
    In addition we would like to store documentation files on the VAX
    and use the Symbolics document examiner. In other words we want to do
    more than just file transfers - we would like the VAX to do what a
    Symbolics "file server" would do. Any suggestions or leads are greatly
    appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Symbolics now has an NFS network protocol implementation on their price
list.  You might be able to use it in conjunction with a VMS NFS server
to get the results you want.  I have included Richard Lamson in the
distribution of this message 'cause I think that he has recent
experience with some NFS package for VMS.