Re: [Spock@SAMSON.cadr.dialnet.symbolics.com: IFU]

    Date: Thu, 1 Dec 88 13:51 PST
    From: TYSON@Warbucks.AI.SRI.COM (Mabry Tyson)

    [ . . . . ]

    At least some people within Symbolics know there are problems.  I seriously
    doubt that anything will be done about it (I don't like it, but that may
    just be life).

We do know about it ... there is even sustaining engineering still being
applied to iron it out.

		    It's sorta like the decision not to put an Ivory card out
    to fit in the L-Bus machines.  Not enough manpower nor enough market.

Also, it's pretty difficult to squeeze performance out of a 40bit
computer with a 32bit address space when it has to use a bus structure
with 36bit datapaths and 24bit addresspaths.