Concordia vs TEX for book formatting jobs

I am trying to understand the relative merits of using Concordia versus
TEX for writing, editing and printing a large manuscript of some 200
pages on the Symbolics.  I want to preview the results on my machine
directly, because I may not get a laser printer right away and will want
to take a tape to some other machine for output. It might also be nice
to be able to print on a higher-res machine than the LGP-2, if possible.

Does anyone have any thoughts/comparative experience? Thanks.

Best,
PANgaro