Re: Calling Customer Service for bad sectors

    Date: Fri, 2 Dec 88 09:37 EST
    From: Reti@RIVERSIDE.SCRC.SYMBOLICS.COM

	Date: Sat, 26 Nov 88 23:33 EST
	From: RWK@F.ILA.Dialnet.Symbolics.COM (Robert W. Kerns)

	    Date: Tue, 22 Nov 88 09:29 EST
	    From: Reti@WESER.sreti.symbolics.com (Kalman Reti)
						  Compared to hours for restoring the
		LMFS, not counting down time waiting for customer service.
	    But what about the hours lost due to corrupted files, missing data, etc.
	    if you are wrong about the 20 second fix?

	Well, are you talking about the corrupted files, missing data, etc. if
	you are wrong about DOING the 20 second fix, or NOT DOING the 20 second
	fix?
    I meant if the 20 second fix increases the damage to the file system instead
    of decreasing it.

Well, I've been fixing filesystems for a long time, and I have yet to do
any damage I couldn't undo just as quickly.  But that's because I'm
**CAREFUL**.  Paranoid, even.  As a result, it DOES take me somewhat
longer than 20 seconds.

But in general, even if you do blow it, you're no worse off than if you
had just punted, anyway.