Phone Number:       (209)586-7422

    Date: Mon, 6 Feb 89 17:49 PST
    From: TYSON@Warbucks.AI.SRI.COM (Mabry Tyson)

    Awhile back there was some discussion about host uptimes.  One host here
    has just passed the 1/2 year mark of being up.  (It is in an individual's
    office and he does use it daily but he doesn't program.  Mainly he uses
    ZMAIL, TELNET, and Image-Calc.)  Another host is up to the 5 month mark.
    Our main file server/syshost was up 15 weeks until it crashed today.  Four
    other hosts have been up for 2 months or more.  (We have about 31 hosts.)

    On the negative side, we have one machine that has been down for about
    3 weeks with a bad disk.  (Yes, we are on full maintenance and they are
    working on it, but still...)

We have a 3600 here in Twain Harte that (except for power outages)
stayed up for somewhere in the neighborhood of 3 years (RSK, Correct me
if I'm wrong).  Of course the track record has gone down since the
installation of the IFU board set about 2 years ago but still it's a
very reliable machine.  If it weren't for the power going out in the
winter around here we'd probably have some pretty amazing uptimes.