Re: Compile-time enforcement of Common Lisp type declarations

We have code at Stanford KSL that implements type checking for DEFSTRUCT-defined
accessors for Explorers, but only Rel 6.1 Symbolics.  If speed is preferred over
safety at compile time, the checks aren't done.  For named structures, the
performance hit is very, very small as the check is in ucode.  We think TI is
going to adopt this code.  Anyone who would like it is welcome to it.

Needless to say, we think run-time type checking of structure access is a very
useful thing.

	-- Rich