:Enable Services bug(?)

I have been having a problem with our mailer machine lately.  After
booting I :Enable Services.  It grinds for awhile and then errors out as
follows:

1Error: No mapping is defined for JESS.ROMAN.NORMAL for the device *B&W-SCREEN*
0		While in the function SI:GET-FONT  TV:VALIDATE-CHARACTER-STYLE-TRANSLATION  (FLAVOR:METHOD :SET-DEFAULT-STYLE TV:SHEET)

		The condition signalled was SI:NO-CHARACTER-STYLE-MAPPING

This is happening while trying to initialize the mailer log window.  The
1JESS.ROMAN.NORMAL0 character style *is* a loaded character style so this
error should not occur.  If I go back on the stack to the
MAILER:INITIALIZE-LOG-EARLY function and re-invoke it all goes well and
services get enabled.

I've reported this to customer-services but it seems that they haven't
encountered this problem before.  Has anyone out there had a similar
problem?  If so, any solutions?