Re: transfer from explorer to Symbolics

    Date: Thu, 23 Mar 89 17:13:23 EDT
    From: mike%ists.ists.ca@Warbucks.AI.SRI.COM (Mike Clarkson)

    > To everyone else listening on SLUG, please note that there is no
    > advantage to using QIC-11 or QIC-24 formats, other than for compatiblity
    > purposes.  The different formats have nothing to do with density or tape
    > capacity.

    I believe that QUIC-24 has both higher density ...

Sorry ... No ... As I stated before, there is no density difference
between QIC-11 and QIC-24 specs.  All QIC-02 interface cart tape drives
that I've seen use 8000ftpi density.  Some tape drives might support
different densities, but that is not related to QIC-11/QIC-24.

						 ... and more error checking.

Yes ... As used internally by the cart tape's intelligent controller.

    Mike.

    --
    Mike Clarkson					mike@ists.UUCP
    Institute for Space and Terrestrial Science	mike@ists.ists.ca