[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: gmdzi!UMDC.UMD.EDU!DSC@uunet.uu.net
- Subject: serial ports
- From: Juergen Christoffel <unido!gmdzi!sysiphos!JC@uunet.uu.net>
- Date: Fri, 14 Apr 89 15:00:00 EDT
- Cc: gmdzi!Warbucks.AI.SRI.COM!SLUG@uunet.uu.net
- In-reply-to: <8904141406.AA12607@uunet.UU.NET>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 89 08:29:58 EDT
Is there a way to unlock serial ports on a 3645 without rebooting
the entire maching?
Yes, force the blocked process (that with "Serial Unit <N> Locked") into
the debugger by either typing c-m-SUSPEND or using Peek (debug on the
process locked) and you'll be offered an appropriate option.
Also, is there a patch for the print spooler to stop it from leaving
Yes, I would like to see a patch for that myself. Every so often the
spooler leaves open files around while the printer process is idle.