Re: serial ports

Bill-
  Here's how you unlock the serial port:
  Presumably you are in the Peek (process) window, which is where you
noticed that the printer process was in Serial Port n Locked state.
Clicking on this process produces a menu of interesting things to do.
Click on Debug, and you will be put into the debugger with various
proceed options, one of which (S-B, I think) is what will do the
trick.

There is, indeed, a patch for the print spooler which claims to stop
it from leaving open files.  We just received it via e-mail from
Software Support, but have not had a chance to install it yet.
I'm sure they will send it to you on request.

Hope this helps.

Clive
-------