communication between TI and Symbolics

    Date: Tue, 9 May 89 13:06 CDT
    From: pjk@OCANEWSTAR.OCA.Dialnet.Symbolics.COM

    Greetings,

    Regarding the mail recently about file access
    between Symbolics machines and Explorers:

    There was a patch which came with the SLUG
    library tapes about two years ago which
    took care of some of this:

    It was on the 3rd tape with a pathname of
    of tape3>symbolics>hacks>lmiti-pathname-patch.lisp
    for those of you who might have the tapes laying around.

    It was written I think by Richard Lamson (formerly of Symbolics).

    It is about 7000 bytes of code.

    pjk%ocanewstar.oca.dialnet.symbolics.com@riverside.scrc.symbolics.com

If this is the same hack I've seen, it's ancient and doesn't even compile in
the current (7.2 or later) system, because the file system interfaces have
changed.  But I may be wrong; if there is a current version of this particular
hack, I'd like to know about it.

 -- Chuck Fry
    Symbolics Software Support