Re: Symbolics backup to UNIX host

Another backup related question (or a possible solution for your
problem?):
What about mounting the LMFSs via NFS on the SUN and then "dump" them?
You must have NFS for your Symbolicses to do this but if you have I
think it should be a easy way to get a backup on the exabyte.

But I don't know for shure because we have no NFS on our Symbolicses
so I can't try. Can someone comment who knows, please?

ks

DFN   : ks@fb10vax.informatik.uni-saarland.dbp.de
UUCP  : ...!uunet!unido!sbsvax!ks
voice : +49 681 302 4165
snail : Kurt Schreiner, DFKI GmbH -- Standort Saarbruecken,
        Stuhlsatzenhausweg 3, D-6600 Saarbruecken, West Germany