Re: backing up large file systems.

    Date: Wed, 21 Jun 89 09:20:31 pdt
    From: randy@atc.boeing.com (Randy Groves)

    I haven't tried to use RTAPE on SUNs yet.

The RTAPE I distributed doesn't work on Suns.  There's a structure with
bit-fields that needs to be reversed (Lamson told me he made this change
for a customer of his last year, but didn't save a copy of the code to
send back to me).

By the way, our RTAPE also needs some changes to work properly under
Ultrix 3.0.  We've made enough of them to allow tape writing, but there
are some bugs in tape reading that I haven't made yet (I'll probably
procrastinate until the day I need to do a retrieval).

                                                barmar