Re: backing up large file systems.

We've had good results using barmar's Ultrix RTAPE hack.  It works fine for 9-track
reel-to-reel.  We also have an Exabyte attached to the Ultrix machine and using
the same RTAPE code, I could back up files to the cartridge.  However, I could
could only write the amount of data that would fit on a 9-track tape.  Someone in
the process, and I haven't tried to track it down, is forcing a 9-track tape size.

I haven't tried to use RTAPE on SUNs yet.

-randy groves - Boeing Advanced Technology Center
UUCP:	..!uw-beaver!bcsaic!randy             USNail: Boeing Computer Services
CSNET:	randy@atc.boeing.com		              PO Box 24346 M/S 7L-68
VOICE:	(206)865-3424				      Seattle, WA   98124