Unix symbolic links.

I'm using a sun as the file server for a system I'm developing on the
Symbolics.  When I compile the system, the Symbolics complains when
trying to access the system directory files.  I believe it has to do
with the fact that one of the directory names for the pathname where my
system's files are stored is a symbolic link.

To prevent the problem, I've put the fully expanded directory spec in
the logical-pathname-host declaration, but I'd much rather use the
symbolic links.  Any ideas?

Steve