3640 Monitors

I had the "opportunity" yesterday to work on one of the
3640's -- I think it was Renoir.  The monitors on those
machines are awful!! Around the sides of the images they
are very fuzzy and it is extremely hard to get a suitable
combination of contrast and darkness to read them
comfortably.  Now perhaps these are just the complaints
of a prespiopic middle ager but I would think that others
who have to use them regularily would complain even more.
I think we either need to put some pressure on our Symbolics
maintenance folks to get them adjusted or repaired or
if this is not a possibility to consider spending some
money to replace them.  I get better resolution and
clarity from MS Windows running on my XT in CGA mode!!
Do I remember some other comments on SLUG from other sites
about monitor problems and maintenance about a month
or so back??
Comments??
Suggestions??

			-TOM