Symbolics announces advanded graphics on STANDARD workstations

Contact:	Don Miskowich
		Symbolics Graphics Division
		(213) 478-0681

		Susan Zellman-Rohrer
		Symbolics, Inc
		(617) 221-1021		FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SYMBOLICS TARGETS NEW INDUSTRIAL
AND CORPORATE GRAPHICS MARKETS

ANNOUNCES AVAILABILITY OF ADVANCED GRAPHICS PRODUCTS
ON STANDARD WORKSTATIONS

	LOS ANGELES,  July 27 -- Symbolics Graphics Division today announced that its full Animation and Paint System, which until recently was available only on the company's high performance 3600 family of workstations, is now available on the company's newest Apple Macintosh-based MacIvory systems.  The company characterizes this new product as the first step in a strategy designed to satisfy emerging demands for affordable and sophisticated 3D and 2D graphics on industry standard platforms.

	Tom McMahon, Symbolics Graphics Division manager, stated, "Animators and film post-production houses have been our primary market in the past.  Our graphics software and systems accommodate their broadcast performance requirements with some of the most sophisticated capabilities available in the industry.  With our Macintosh-based product we can now address the needs of a much broader industrial and corporate market requiring both computing power and low cost solutions on popular workstations."