TIME and SEND

What do the TCP and UDP TIME protocols buy you on a Symbolics that
CHAOS doesn't?  I can't find doc on this (at least in the main manual
set).  In particular, can one of my Suns provide time-of-day service
when I boot a lone Symbolics on the local net? How?

Bonus question: what does SEND TCP SMTP buy me with respect to
heterogenous machines?  Can I run Converse between my Symbolics and
some other vendor's machine?  Whose?

- MDG -
PS. What am I not reading that I should be?

Mark D. Grover (grover@Potomac.ADS.COM)				 703-243-1611
Advanced Decision Systems          1500 Wilson Blvd #512; Arlington, VA 22209