Sharing a LGP2 with Suns

    Date: Thu, 10 Aug 89 08:31 CDT
    From: dmitchell@backus.trc.amoco.com (Donald H. Mitchell)

	Date: Wed, 9 Aug 89 17:08:39 CDT
	From: dkirsche@shamash.cdc.com (Dan Kirschen - PLYOPS)

	I imagine that the following question has already been discussed, but being
	a recent addition to the slug mailing list, I need to ask it again.

	We are going to add a series of Sun 3/50 and SGI 400 on the same Ethernet as
	our Symbolics and would like to use the same laser printer.  What's the best
	solution and what do I need to implement it?

    Sure the question has been asked and rather inadequately answered;
    however, now that Symbolics has a Sun embed, maybe they'll have to
    really address this question!  I'd love to know the answer.

The UX400s software includes, in effect, CJL's LPD-USER code.

    BTW: the std answer that I got but have not implemented is to get the
    SLUG tape and Symbolics's LGP2 software.  What I would like to know is
    how a system that sells itself on being an integrated highly productive
    development platform can be missing print software!  It will sound real
    funny to my management if I go to them and say, "remember that highly
    integrated development system I bought that has the Lisp
    interpreter/compiler/editor/inspector/debugger/etc all standard and all
    working together, well it costs $2000 to get the software necessary to
    print any of the stuff out.  By the way, that's almost the cost of the
    Lisp interpreter/compiler/editor/inspector/debugger/etc on the Sun and
    the Sun includes the print software."