NFS Problems.

    Date: Thu, 24 Aug 89 11:50 PDT
    From: snicoud@BCSAIC.atc.boeing.com (Stephen Nicoud)

    I've been running into problems with UNIX file operations on Symbolics
    files mounted on my Sun.

    [Reports problems with `mv' never working and `cp' and `ls'
     sometimes not working.]

Actually, I've had the same problems and was wondering if it had to do
with file versions.  Have you tried disabling the file version stuff in
Symbolic's NFS?

The reason I think it might have to do with file versions is that
although Symbolic's NFS handles some aspects of file versions it fails
on others.  In particular, `Clean Directory' or find hogs in dired do
not work when referencing Sun directories.  In addition to those not
working, the product won't let you easily work around it by trying
`Show Directory sun:~me/*.*.~*' to just pull out the excess versions.
(For those that don't know, Unix does not automatically maintain
multiple versions; however, Symbolic's NFS does by adding `.~n~' to the
end of old versions' file names.)