NFS mount of LMFS file systems from Symbolics to Symbolics

    Date: Mon, 18 Sep 89 08:44:40 PDT
    From: randy@atc.boeing.com (Randy Groves)

    The subject kind of says it all.  Any possibility of this happening in the
    near future??  What I would like to do is to mount a LMFS from one Symbolics
    machine under a mount point on another Symbolics machine's LMFS.  This would
    allow me, hopefully, to mount all the machines at our site, and back up to an
    Exabyte tape drive over the net.  It seems most of the pieces are there, in
    the NFS product.  Maybe it's already possible??

You will never be able to Mount remote filesystems on your LMFS.  This is not
how the Lisp machine IO system works.

Incidentally, even if you could, the LMFS dumper wouldn't work on an NFS
mounted filesystem, for the same reasons that the UNIX dump program doesn't
work on NFS mounted filesystems.