It's Alive

    Why is it that when I make changes to the NAMESPACE some of the
machines don't notice? For instance, one machine on the network went
away, and we got another (unix machines), so I edited the namespace
appropriately. But some of the machines still list that deleted machine
as a dead connection in PEEK on NETWORK? Rebooting does not help, but
Reset Network gets rid of it until the next time I reboot.
    How is it that all the lisp machines know about the new machine I
added, but some still think the one I deleted is out there? Is info
cached in a world file overriding the present namespace? Does this
behavior conform with the way the namespace works, or it is a local
bug in our system?
    A few days ago I logged into a freshly booted machine as
LISP-MACHINE. I then edited and attempted to save a file. Instead
of saving the file, the machine writes, "Who are you really?"!

Bill <bouma@cs.purdue.edu>  ||  ...!purdue!bouma